It's easy to create a new listing on Discover Waltham. We've laid out the instructions for you step by step below. By clicking on the first image, you can scroll through a slide show which will guide you through each step in the process.
1. If you have an existing account, Click the Login button above the Discover Waltham logo:
3. Login to your account The main screen will load. Click on “My Listings”:
4. Click on “Submit a listing” to create a new listing:
5. The Create Business screen will load:
6. To start, click on “Basic Information”:
7. The Basic Information screen will open:
8. Select the category for your business/organization:
9. Enter the basic details about your business/organization:
10. Next, click on “Description”. The description screen will open. Check the boxes under highlights which pertain to your organization/business:
11. Tags are also known as keywords which describe your business/organization. Many tags are already in the system and may drop down as you type. You can enter up to 10 tags, separated by commas:
12. Enter a brief description about your business/organization here:
13. Next, click on “Hours and Map”. The business hours grid and geocoder map will load. Enter your business hours, if applicable:
14. In the coordinates section, retype your address. When your address appears in the drop down, highlight it and it will populate this field. This loads your geographic coordinates for the map:
15. The map will now load in the window under your address:
16. Next, click on “Social Media”. The Social Media grid Will load. Enter the full URL for each social media account or page for your business/organization, if applicable:
17. Next, click on “Upload File and Images”. The “Image Thumbnail” is the image you want to appear next to your business/organization in listings. The image thumbnail should be 600px x 400px in size. Click “Choose File” to retrieve the image from your computer:
18. A pop-up from your computer will load. Select the image you want and click “open file”. The click the orange “upload” button:
19. Once your image has uploaded, a thumbnail will load and the file name will populate in the image field:
20. Enter a title for your image. We recommend the name & address of your business/organization or a tag line about your business/organization:
21. Repeat the same process for your photo banner. Note that photo banners do not have an image title.
22. You can skip the Photo Gallery section at this point. You can always add photos to your photo gallery directly from your page after you have logged in.
23. Listing options is the section for entering up to 4 ongoing promotions your organization may have scheduled. Like the Photo Gallery, you can skip this section at this time. Ongoing Promotions may be entered directly from your page.
24. Purchase options: You may enable or disable automatic notifications for the expiration of your page. For NGOs & Non-profits, Discover Waltham will automatically renew/re-list your page when needed at no charge to you. On the Listing Option drop down, select NGO/Non-profit user. C;ick the Save button.
25. The Shopping Cart will load with your page order, press the Checkout button.
26. The Checkout window will load. The details of your order will appear at the top for your review.
27. Under billing information enter your contact details. Please note if you already have an address/account on file your address may be stored in the Addresses on File Bar. After the contact information has been entered, press the “Continue to Next Step” button.
28. The Review Order screen will load. Please note that we invoice all orders automatically, therefore “No payment required” is the only payment option which is available on the review screen. Press the “Continue to Next Step” button.
29. Your checkout is now complete and your listing has been published! Please note the system will generate and send an invoice to confirm the listing. As an NGO/non-profit user, it will be a zero balance and serves as a record for your listing.