About Walk Home 2016
Homelessness is a family issue and is on the rise. This year, an estimated 39,000 children will experience homelessness in Massachusetts, an increase of 2,000 children from last year.
You Can Help
RTN Federal Credit Union and RTN GoodWorks Foundation are raising funds to benefit the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless and help homeless families and teens through Walk Home, a 5K benefit walk for the homeless.
Our 6th annual Walk Home will be held on Sunday, June 12, 2016, at 10 am (rain or shine) in three locations—Danvers Rail Trail, Dorchester Park, and Waltham Common.
Funds are collected through RTN GoodWorks Foundation to benefit the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless.
You can help the 39,000 school-age children in Massachusetts who experience homelessness by:
- Registering to walk and raising funds
- Donating funds and/or sponsoring a walker
- Volunteering at a Walk location
- Becoming a business sponsor of Walk Home 2016 and gaining visibility for your company or organization.
Middle school kids can help out by entering a poster contest sponsored by our Danvers branch.
RTN has a long and deep relationship with the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless. Our Credit Union has donated more than $175,000 to the Coalition during the past several years. Walk Home demonstrates our institution’s ongoing commitment to support the Coalition and the important work it does to advocate for and support individuals and families in the Commonwealth who experience homelessness.
Five reasons why people should support you and RTN Walk Home:
- Funds raised help support children living in poverty stay in school.
- Every $250 raised means the Coalition can distribute a bed to a low-income student who doesn’t have one of their own.
- You can get community service credit for school.
- You can get visibility for your business while helping others.
- Let people know that donations are tax-deductible.