Purple Heart Veteran, war in Afghanistan
TICKETS $10 in advance - $15 at the door
- 50/50 raffle Raffle baskets
- Cash bar Light snacks
- Therapy/service dog demonstration
- DJ/music supplied by Spectrum Lighting & Sound
More info: On May 20, 2015, Coco – the TBI therapy dog for Purple Heart, Afghanistan war veteran @Brien Durkee (Waltham native and son of Bill and Mary Anne Durkee) – was killed in a tragic accident.
Immediately, Clearpath for Veterans, in Chittenango, NY began the search for a new dog to train for Brien. The cost of such a dog is $10,000 (dog and special training). We need help in raising the funds.
Follow Clearpath on social media on Facebook, Twitter, and their website clearpath4vets.com
How can you help:
(1) Come to our fundraiser & donate a raffle basket
(2) Tell your friends via email or Facebook or Twitter
(3) Write a check (in the memo section write Dogs4Vets Brien Durkee) with the check made out to Clearpath for Veterans. Mail checks to CPV, 1223 Salt Springs Road, Chittenango, NY 13037 Attn: Melissa Spicer
(4) Donate directly by credit card or PayPal online at http://clearpath4vets.com/donate-2/ On the online donate page: there is a section that says
I want my donation to be designated toward: Please click on “Dogs2Vets Program”
I want my donation to be dedicated: Please type “Brien Durkee” in this box.
(5) Learn more about therapy dogs, Clearpath for Veterans (a 501©3), and spread the word.