Tue, 10/10/2017 - 6:00pm
Charles River Public Internet Center, 154 Moody St., Waltham, MA
Open to Public:
First Time Home Buyer Workshop
Contact: Nancy Stanton
781-891-6689 ext. 0 Please leave your email address in voicemail message.
September 2017 First Time Home Buyer Workshop.
Sponsor: Needham Bank
Dates/Time 6 - 8:30 PM
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center
Tues., Oct. 10, Wed. Oct, 11, Mon. Oct 16, Wed. Oct. 18
You must take all 4 classes to earn a CHAPA Certificate.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nancy at 781-891-6689 ext. 0.
There are three ways to register:
1. Register online at: www.watchcdc.org/homebuyer
2. Fill out this registration form (link is external) and mail it with your check ($50 per person) with FTHB in the memo line, to WATCH CDC, 24 Crescent St., Ste. 201, Waltham, MA 02453.
3. You may bring the check with you and register at the first class of the workshop. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS as we have rented a large space. Please call to let us know you are coming.
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center.
Please go to www.crpic.org for map or call the WATCH office at 781-891-6689 ext. 0 and leave your email address and ask that we send you the map. You must print the map and take it with you, as the Center is not located exactly at its street address. To get into the correct parking lot, use 11 Cooper St. in Waltham in your GPS.
This course consists of important information for all first-time home buyers! You will learn about:
• Credit, debit and budgeting issues
• Qualifying for a mortgage
• Shopping for a home
• The legal aspects of home buying
• The responsibilities of being a homeowner
WATCH’s class is certified by CHAPA's Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative, so graduates may be eligible for Down Payment Assistance programs from their City or Town or for the Soft Second mortgage(link is external) or other mortgage designed for first time homebuyers. The class fee is $50 per person. All classes take place in Waltham. Couples purchasing a home together are both encouraged to attend, although (unless your mortgage lender tells you otherwise) only one person is required to complete the course in order to qualify for downpayment assistance or the Soft Second mortgage
If you need to take a class before then, please go to www.chapa.org and click on Homebuyer in the upper right hand corner of their home page. There you will find a calendar listing all available classes in Massachusetts.