Following is a detailed guide on how to register as a user. By clicking on the first image, you can scroll through a slide show which will guide you through each step in the process.
- Click on the Register icon above the Discover Waltham Logo
- Click the “I want to create an account” button.
- Create your user name (you can use your own name or a handle).
- Enter your email address.
- Select a password.
- Confirm your password.
- Confirm the CAPTCHA code in the image.
- Click the green “Create new account” button
- The window will load asking you to confirm your email. If you do not receive your email immediately, please check your spam folder. Click on the link provided in your email to confirm your account.
- You will be returned to your account screen where you can re-enter your password or create a new one. (This is a security level feature to assure this user account request is not an automated spam creation.)
- Select your email settings. Normally emails are sent using the HTML format. If you want to receive your emails in plaint text format only, click the check box. Select your contact settings. Clicking the check box will allow other users to contact you via a personal contact form which keeps your e-mail address hidden. Note that some privileged users such as site administrators are still able to contact you even if you choose to disable this feature.
- If you like, you can upload your virtual face or picture. Pictures larger than 1024x1024 pixels will be scaled down. If not, just skip to the next step.
- Type the name or handle you would like to appear on your profile page (you can use the same name/handle you used when creating the account). Do you have a website or blog? Type in the full URL in the URL box.
- Would you like to share some information about yourself? Just type in what you would like to share with others in your user profile. Click the “SAVE” button and your account is ready to go!