February 2018 First Time Home Buyer Workshop.
Sponsor: Watertown Savings Bank
Dates/Time 6 - 8:30 PM
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center
Mon. Feb. 12, Tues. Feb. 13, Tues. Feb. 20, Wed. Feb. 21
You must take all 4 classes to earn a CHAPA Certificate.
Fee: $50 per person or $75 per couple
For more information, Contact: Nancy Stanton at 781-891-6689 ext. 0 Please leave your email address in voicemail message.or email the Watch CDC Office..
There are three ways to register:
1. Register online.
2. Fill out this registration form and mail it with your check ($50 per person or $75 per couple) with FTHB in the memo line, to WATCH CDC, 24 Crescent St., Ste. 201, Waltham, MA 02453.
3. You may bring the check with you and register at the first class of the workshop. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS as we have rented a large space. Please call to let us know you are coming.
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center.
Please go to www.crpic.org for map or call the WATCH office at 781-891-6689 ext. 0 and leave your email address and ask that we send you the map. You must print the map and take it with you, as the Center is not located exactly at its street address. To get into the correct parking lot, use 11 Cooper St. in Waltham in your GPS.
This course consists of important information for all first-time home buyers! You will learn about:
- Credit, debit and budgeting issues
- Qualifying for a mortgage
- Shopping for a home
- The legal aspects of home buying
- The responsibilities of being a homeowner
WATCH’s class is certified by CHAPA's Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative,so graduates may be eligible for Down Payment Assistance programs from their City or Town or for the Soft Second mortgage(link is external) or other mortgage designed for first time homebuyers. The class fee is $50 per person or $75 per couple. All classes take place in Waltham. Couples purchasing a home together are both encouraged to attend, although (unless your mortgage lender tells you otherwise) only one person is required to complete the course in order to qualify for downpayment assistance or the Soft Second mortgage
If you need to take a class before then, please go to www.chapa.org or click here to find a calendar listing all available classes in Massachusetts.
For a list of affordable homes for sale, visit CHAPA's Mass Access site or MAHA's mMass Affordable Homes site.