First Time Homebuyer Pre-Purchase Course
Fee: $50 per person or $75 per couple
Contact: Nancy Stanton 781-891-6689 ext. 0 Please leave your email address in voicemail message.or email Watch CDC
Sponsor: Boston Private Bank
Dates/Time 6 - 8:30 PM
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center
Mon. May 14, Wed. May 16, Mon. May 21, Wed. May 23
You must take all 4 classes to earn a CHAPA Certificate.
For more information, e-mail Watch CDC or call Nancy at 781-891-6689 ext. 0.
There are three ways to register:
- Register online at: www.watchcdc.org/homebuyer
- Fill out this registration form and mail it with your check ($50 per person or $75 per couple) with FTHB in the memo line, to WATCH CDC, 24 Crescent St., Ste. 201, Waltham, MA 02453.
- You may bring the check with you and register at the first class of the workshop. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS as we have rented a large space. Please call to let us know you are coming.
Location: Charles River Public Internet Center.
Click here for the map to CRPIC or call the WATCH office at 781-891-6689 ext. 0 and leave your email address and ask that we send you the map. You must print the map and take it with you, as the Center is not located exactly at its street address. To get into the correct parking lot, use 11 Cooper St. in Waltham in your GPS.
This course consists of important information for all first-time home buyers! You will learn about:
- Credit, debit and budgeting issues
- Qualifying for a mortgage
- Shopping for a home
- The legal aspects of home buying
- The responsibilities of being a homeowner
WATCH’s class is certified by CHAPA's Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative, so graduates may be eligible for Down Payment Assistance programs from their City or Town or for the Soft Second mortgage(link is external) or other mortgage designed for first time homebuyers. The class fee is $50 per person or $75 per couple. All classes take place in Waltham.
Couples purchasing a home together are both encouraged to attend, although (unless your mortgage lender tells you otherwise) only one person is required to complete the course in order to qualify for downpayment assistance or the Soft Second mortgage
If you need to take a class before then, please go to www.chapa.org and click on Homebuyer in the upper right hand corner of their home page. There you will find a calendar listing all available classes in Massachusetts.
For a schedule of all CHAPA-certified classes throughout the state, visit the CHAPA website. For a list of affordable homes for sale, visit CHAPA's Mass Access site or MAHA's Mass Affordable Homes site.